Twitter is the internet central for controversial debates and eye-opening discussion. It is now more important than ever for businesses to become active on this platform. With that said, engaging with the public on Twitter is no longer enough. Instead, business owners are expected to have a verified ‘tick’ on their Twitter handle.
Twitter verification is essential for brands and businesses, as it not only increases the follower count but also makes the profile appear more credible. The verification of a Twitter account further increases the authority of the business, which essentially improves the user experience.
Taking this into account, it is imperative for business owners to get verified on Twitter. The following includes a step-by-step guide to gain verification on Twitter.
How to get verified on Twitter
Twitter has now enabled businesses to gain authority by acquiring the verification check on their business profile. With that said, the platform is very picky regarding the type of accounts it approved for verification. The primary factor that results in gaining this authority is the requirement for the account to be of ‘public interest’. These accounts may fall into the genres of music, TV, fashion, celebrity, business, media, journalism, religious authority and more. Taking this into consideration, your account needs to have at least a thousand followers, before registering for verification.
To get verified on Twitter, follow these steps:
- Complete the whole Twitter profile. Be sure to include a profile picture, cover photo, as well as the business name. It is further essential to set the tweet settings to ‘public’.
- Once your profile is complete, you can visit the verification form page.
- The verification process can take a subjective amount of time. However, if the verification is not approved for the first time, you can always re-apply after a period of thirty days.
- To increase the authenticity of the business account, you can add a phone number to the profile. The phone number can be verified once a verification code is sent to the email associated with the Twitter account.
- Parallel to the phone number, adding the business’s email address further increases the likelihood of getting the account approved.
- Essentially, to give you the badge of authority, Twitter requires you to have a complete profile. Taking this into consideration, you can add a profile picture, a relevant bio, a cover photo and the website to increase the genuineness of your business.
- When you are registering for the verification of the account, Twitter will provide a space for you to add the reasoning behind why you are applying for the registration. At this stage, you can discuss the details on why you wish to be verified. To support your statement, you can add links to add more credibility.
For businesses to thrive, getting verified on Twitter can make a drastic change in the digital marketing strategy. If you are struggling to gain verification on Twitter, you can hire a professional online marketing agency in Singapore to assist you.